thevintagehousethatcould

thevintagehousethatcould
Please pop over to my new website and blog X

5 July 2015

July Styling the Seasons - Wedding flowers

With my busy working life it feels like I am only using my blog to play Styling the Seasons at the moment, but I am not complaining because it makes me think about each month carefully and gives me a chance to reflect. For that I am thankful. 

July is an easy one for me now because this is the month in which we got married last year and will remain a month of real fondness. For weeks leading up to the wedding we checked the weather report daily and prayed a lot!!! As you can imagine just from this month in England nothing is guaranteed and it did get a bit nerve racking - yes I know a 'wet knot never slips' and all that but I did not want to be a soggy bride. I had waited 38 years for this day and nothing was going to spoil it! 

I had asked my mum to be my florist and she took her role very seriously. She is a brilliant gardener anyway and her garden always looks fabulous but this was a big ask. Especially when you have such a fussy daughter..... I hate yellow flowers and I needed everything to be white, blues and pinks. As the peony season was over I needed lots of roses, sweet peas, hydrangeas, gypsophlia and delphiniums. My mum did me proud and I made mine and my bridesmaids bouquets on the morning of the wedding. 

All of the table decorations were done my me, my mum and my friend Zoe the night before in the marquee and the outside flowers in containers were done on the morning. 

For my July Styling the Seasons I have tried to recreate the table flowers, obviously not everything is the same but this is a feel of the day. I used lots of different containers, including old apple bottles, milk bottles, jam jars and other things found at car boots. I also styled them on my new favourite cocktail trolly, I mean you can't have a wedding without cocktails! My mum also made our favours which were strawberry and elderflower vodka cocktails, these really went down well on the day!!! I do hope you like it, I have had lots of fun today and memories of that perfect day came fooding back xx

Don't forget you too can join in with #stylingtheseasons with @lottsandlots and @aptapothecary by styling a surface in your home and saying what that month means to you x


















2 comments:

  1. This is so, so lovely! Your wedding must have been so beautiful if these flowers are anything to go by. Love it x

    ReplyDelete