thevintagehousethatcould

thevintagehousethatcould
Please pop over to my new website and blog X

7 April 2015

De-cluttering Good for the Soul....

The dining room has always been a bit of a nemesis of mine, its been used as a dumping ground, shoe room, bike shed and every now and again we eat in there! Although I love my little house there are times when I look around in despair and wish we could move and wish I could get rid of some of my stuff. There was essentially nothing wrong with the room but I realised yesterday that some of it has been the same for years and it was time for a change. 





I can't believe I have just put this picture on here! I hate mess but I kept thinking it has to get worse before it can get better.... If you keep telling yourself something it must be right yes? So I de cluttered and pretty much everything you can see on the table has now gone to the charity shop, so I did good for others as well as my sanity. 

The other big frustration for me in the room is the amount of brown. As you may have seen on my previous posts I have painted most of my floors in the house white but I left this one because a. its original and b. it matches the dark wood floor in the living room. So the other option was to paint the table and my lovely friend suggested I dip paint it. I had pinned some of these and thought I would give it a go. Here are the results of my hard work on Easter Sunday and not a bunny in sight! 









Pretty chuffed to be honest! 









No comments:

Post a Comment