thevintagehousethatcould

thevintagehousethatcould
Please pop over to my new website and blog X

23 January 2015

going bare....

So one of the biggest decisions in the house, after a very long time was to go carpetless! ( it took a lot of persuasion from my part ) However once you start pulling up carpets there is no going back... I had always swooned over Pinterest and Instagram images of white floorboards and the amazing life these people must lead but its a different story to make the commitment!! I can honestly say I am so happy we did it. Yes it was hard work but once painted I love the clean, fresh no nonsense look. It makes our little house seem so much bigger. We were lucky that the floorboards were in a good state, minimal preparation - just the way I like it! It also fulfils my need to vacuum the house within an inch of its life at every opportunity. Trust me once you go bare there is no going back xx




No comments:

Post a Comment